Tuesday 22 January 2013

If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it

Haha, classic. Today I have a Baroque-inspired pattern - I say inspired because I didn't do too much research before painting. I kind of just went for it. A random swirl here, dot there, leaf over here. I think they still turned out pretty (and probably took less time than if I had tried to painstakingly recreate a pattern), but they say more just vines to me than Baroque.
I started out with two coats of Essie Going Incognito. I CANNOT believe that this is only the second time I've ever used this colour. I mean, I remember liking it the first time, but I didn't remember it being such an amazingly rich and glossy and all-around gorgeous green! I am now seriously considering buying a backup bottle, I love it that much. I'd show you a swatch on its own, but I did these at a friend's house, so I didn't have my camera handy then. Next time!

The gold pattern is painted on with Zoya Ziv, another great polish. I used my regular medium length brush to draw the main path/shape of the swirl, then built onto it by thickening some parts and adding leafy extensions. I used a tiny dotting tool for the dots. Lesson learned: don't overdot. Too many dots makes it look cluttered.

Look, I was not lazy and actually did both hands this time!
What do you think, are these Baroque-y enough for you? You can really tell how much I know about the style, huh. Also, is it just me, or does gold look amazing with everything? I thought I loved turquoise and gold, but this combination is definitely giving some competition. Until next time!


4 comments:

  1. Sooo prettty!! I love them! I think they do qualify to be Baroque Inspired nails! I do see similarities :) Plus, Baroque also meant rich colours! So the rich green you used is just perfect! Also, I think it could be just you - Kidding! Gold is classic and always a great colour/element to match up with any other colours! Especially to glam up nails! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think you're right! I'm definitely going to start using gold more now haha :D

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I love the green and gold combination...I love Ziv more every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Ziv is a great polish! I haven't worn it on its own yet, but I am looking forward to :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.