Saturday 2 February 2013

Plum love

I am in love. Yes, it's true. Let me shout it from the rooftops! I AM IN LOVE WITH PLUM!! And this was the polish to do it - Deborah Lippmann's Good Girl Gone Bad.
It was a slow start at first - I have a couple, but was never much of a "purple" wearer. Then, on that fateful Boxing Day of Dec. 26, 2012, there it was. Several Deborah Lippmann polishes on sale for $5. Who can says no to that? I brought home a couple and they've been sitting with the rest of my untried's...until last week. I had just trimmed my nails and was in the mood for a dark colour for my shorties. Seeing as I hadn't tried GGGB yet, I thought why not. Bam. That's it, I was done. After the second smooth coat, all I could do was thank the fates for bringing me and this beauty together. Now was that not a better love story than Twilight?
The dark plum base is loaded with tiny pink and purple shimmer that seriously GLOWS. It has that "dark around the edges" look that just gives it that much more depth. I wore it for a week straight (with minimal tip wear too!), and by the end, I was not even a little bored of the colour.
Haven't felt this intense a love for a polish in a while. It's translated into my general wardrobe as well. Blazers, tops, dresses - it's just such a great colour!

Here's another plum colour I've been wearing. China Glaze Purr-fect Plum with China Glaze Glistening Snow gradient, and an  Urban Outfitters Silver Holo accent.
I think this love is gonna last! What colours have you fallen head over heels in love with?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that Deborah Lippmann goes straight to my lemming list! Soooo gorgeous. Plum is one of my favorite polish families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a pretty intense love affair with plum too. i'm mad that you've just given me a new DL lemming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that plum shade is sooo gorgeous!! i love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of DL(they just don't wear well on me) but that is fab!

      Delete
    2. Awwe really, sorry you haven't had much good DL experiences. She really does have some great colours!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.