Saturday 6 April 2013

Holographic stars and strawberries

When the sun is shining, it's time for the holo polishes to come out and play! I bought my first holo polish from Urban Outfitters as a pick-me-up present to myself. Wasn't expecting much, but OH MAN when I brought this baby out in the sun, I was completely floored. I mean, LOOK AT THIS!
I freehanded on some cascading stars with black acrylic paint. Indoors, you can still see some of the rainbow effect. I'm just sorry I didn't get a picture in the sun with the stars.
After this first wonderful experience with a holo, I was craving more. I picked up Color Club "Miss Bliss" and "Over the Moon". I used Miss Bliss for some holographic strawberries over "Bossy Boots" from butter London, a really gorgeous, pistachio green. The strawberry leaves were painted with Essie "Mojito Madness".
Holographic strawberries have magical properties, you know. If you eat one, you will gain enough strength to defeat the evil Dark Wizard Mage King.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the holo strawberries are such a great idea! And yuppp, holos always stun me when I see them in the sun! So pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I never expected holos to have as much of a "wow" factor as they do! I guess pictures just don't do them enough justice.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha!!! Loving the strawberry holo! They are so cute!! And your story behind it! Ohh I think you should do another version and totally invert the black and the holographic polish! That would make Starry Holos!! *___*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe thank you! Ooohhh good idea! I'll have to try that next time *D*

      Delete

  3. Safaiwale is the best Best House Cleaning Services In Gurgaon .provide 100% quality, affordable and flexible time at your doorstep with a trained team.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.