"You may notice I'm not all there myself."
Hi friends! I'm happy today to make the first post in my "Alice in Wonderland" nail art series. I'll be doing a set of Wonderland themed nails every week, for the next several weeks. Hope you'll enjoy these! I've always loved the imagery from "Alice in Wonderland". It's crazy and can be a bit unsettling, but so colourful and fun.
These first set of nails are inspired by the Cheshire Cat, with his trademark grin, and disappearing stripes. If you look closely, you can see the pink stripes start solid on the middle finger, get slightly more transparent on the index, and then disappear completely on the thumb.
|Left to right: OPI "Sparrow Me the Drama", Zoya "Reagan", Sally Hansen "White On", black striper|
Here is how I created the Cheshire smile. The Zoya brush was very easy to maneuver, so the thick purple stripes are painted freehand.
1) Paint two coats of white and make evenly spaced stripes with a striper.
2) Cut a smile shape from tape. I just modified a binder paper reinforcement.
3) Line up the smile with your cuticle, and make sure it's pressed down completely.
4) Paint a coat of white on the remaining area to cover up the extra stripes. Then a coat or two of pink.
5) Remove the tape the reveal your wide Cheshire smile.