Thursday 20 September 2012

I Found My Nude!

So my second nude/neutral polish purchase turns out to be a winner! And for a mere $4 at CNE (Canadian National Exhibit). Sweet! This is two coats of Sally Hansen "Malt" and Essie "Penny Talk" sponged on the tips, with a little bit painted directly on. The sponge texture almost gives it a burnished copper look. Subtle and classy, I like it!

 
Malt reminds me of foundation. I suppose all nude polishes would have that quality. If it was a shade or two lighter, it would have been an even better match for my skin. The formula was awesome and opaque in two easy coats.




Here was my first attempt with a nude and I have a swatch of Penny Talk here. I'm so happy to have found a great nude! Not exactly mannequin hands, but great nonetheless. What gives you mannequin hands (if that's your thing)?

4 comments:

  1. Yay you finally found it! If you find it a bit dark, you could add a drop of white to a little bit of Malt on a piece of aluminum foil. Works amazingly well (that's how I turn creme's into jellies!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, I'll have to try that! Thanks for the tip! :D

      Delete
  2. Ohh, this is so nice! I really like the burnished copper effect. I wouldn't have thought to put these two colours together, but I think it's a perfect match. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) It worked in my head, so I was relieved when it turned out alright on my nails haha.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.