Monday 5 November 2012

Everything galaxy!

My love for galaxy nails burns brightly still. It is my second time doing these and I am still amazed at how easy it is to get little pieces of space on your nails. Very picture heavy post today (galaxy nails are just really photogenic), plus tutorial!
This is one design that I can do perfectly well with my non-dominant left hand, so I decided to switch it up and have my right hand be more detailed for once. On my left hand, I did a little "big bang" accent nail. Although the shape is a little off, I still enjoy the idea.

Polishes:
Left to right: China Glaze "For Audrey", OPI "No Room For the Blues", Joe Fresh "Teal", American Apparel "Peacock", "Dynasty", Zoya "Reagan"
Left to right: Rimmel "Midnight Blue", Deborah Lippmann "Edge of Glory", Sally Hansen "White On", Wet n' Wild "Kaleidoscope"
Materials:
  • makeup sponge cut into small pieces 
  • toothpick
  • Optional: tweezers to hold your sponge pieces
Directions:
Start off with two coats of a dark navy blue. When choosing your colours, look at pictures for reference.
Add some sparkles for extra cosmic goodness. Finished!
I just can't stop staring when I have these on. I daresay these look even better the second time around. Same colours, but better technique I suppose.
Old picture for reference
I used the same sponging technique on a pair of cheap, black canvas shoes, and I adore them.
Whew, that's all I have today. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Have you tried galaxy nails yet?

12 comments:

  1. AHH I LOVE THE SHOES!!! What paint did you use for them? And hurray for improvements! I love that your galaxy nails have sharp blue hue in it, sure does make them stand out all the more! And the big bang idea is so cool for an accent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my friend's fabric paint that she uses to silkscreen t-shirts. This paint needs to be heat-set to stay, so ironing the shoes was very interesting. Thank you very much! :D

      Delete
  2. They look fab, but those shoes! Om-my! So COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous galaxy nails, love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. your shoes look rad, i can't believe you did them yourself! how long did they take you? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Just one afternoon, working at a very leisurely pace :) It's pretty goof-proof, just sponging and responging until you like the look!

      Delete
  5. hey! so i was browsing through your instagram account and your blog, i saw these adorable shoes that i need to do asap! this galaxy print is so pretty! where did you buy the canvas shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I bought them from Ardene for 2 for $15 I believe. I figured if I messed up the first pair, I'd have a spare lol. For a bit better quality though (and probably better shape when you wear), I've seen some at H&M for $15 for one pair :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.