Wednesday 7 November 2012

Pink elephants

I just really wanted to paint pink elephants. I have a vague childhood memory of watching the movie Dumbo, and there were pink elephants in it. Other than that, I don't even know why.

Polishes:
Left to right: China Glaze "Skyscraper", American Apparel "Mount Royal", "Coney Island"
I've been itching to wear China Glaze "Skyscraper" ever since fall started. Skyscraper is a gorgeous, denim blue packed with tiny little silver glitters. The jelly-ish texture gives the polish a lot of depth, but it is prone to dragging, so it's best to wait in between coats. The first coat goes on a bit streaky, but it levels itself out and reaches opacity with a thick-ish second coat.
Hope you enjoyed this random little bit of nail art today!

12 comments:

  1. these are adorable! for some reason i've wanted to paint pink elephants on my nails before too haha. maybe it's the subconscious dumbo imagery. i want skyscraper now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a couple people tell me they wanted to do a pink elephant mani as well, so I guess we're not too crazy haha! Skyscraper is really gorgeous, you won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  2. LOVING the pink elephants, totes adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a long running inside joke in my family about flying pink elephants, hence why they have a special place in my heart! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little elephants are absolutely adorable :D And the color pick is great too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I get very excited when the colours work out.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.